How to book cheap coach tickets on the Socibus website
To find and book cheap Socibus coach tickets on the official website, just fill out the search form and indicate:
Socibus coach company contacts
|Year of foundation||1987|
|Previous company names||Long Distance Buses Co.|
|Main services||Intercity bus services in Spain|
|Address||Estación Sur de Autobuses de Madrid
Calle de Méndez Álvaro, 83
|Phones||General Information: +34 902 229 292
Customer care: +34 915 304 417
|Socibus official website in English:||socibusventas.es|
- Madrid — Sevilla
- Madrid — Córdoba
- Madrid — Cádiz
- Madrid — Huelva
- Córdoba — Cádiz
- Córdoba — Huelva
- Bilbao — Sevilla
- Bilbao — Málaga
- Bilbao — Córdoba
- Bilbao — Cádiz
- Irún — Algeciras.
- Luggage Compartment: Passengers are allowed to stow two bags in the luggage compartment, with a combined weight not exceeding 30 kilograms.
- Hand Baggage: In the coach cabin, passengers may carry two small backpacks or handbags.
Socibus is a prominent Spanish long-distance bus company that has earned a reputation for its commitment to passenger safety, comfort, and accessibility. Offering a comprehensive range of services and amenities, Socibus caters to a diverse clientele, including families, travelers with pets, musicians, cyclists, and individuals with reduced mobility.
Traveling with Children
- Age Restrictions: Children aged 14 and under are required to travel with an adult. Starting at the age of 15, minors can travel with a signed authorization from their parents or guardians, confirming their readiness to make the trip alone.
- Child Safety Seats: Children between 0 to 4 years old must be seated in an approved child safety seat or adapter, secured with the bus seat belt. These seats should be provided by the child’s companion. Foldable baby carriages are also allowed but will be stored in the bus hold during the journey.
Traveling with Pets
- Pet Travel: Socibus allows passengers to travel with their pets, but the responsibility for the pet’s well-being and behavior rests with the owner. Pets travel in the bus hold within their designated carriers.
- Authorization Model: Passengers traveling with pets must adhere to Socibus’s guidelines and complete an authorization model for pet transport, which can be downloaded from the company’s website.
- Carrying Small Instruments: Small musical instruments that do not exceed the dimensions of hand luggage can be carried in the passenger cabin, provided they are in a hard case. Examples include clarinets, flutes, violins, and trumpets.
- Larger Instruments: Musical instruments that exceed hand luggage dimensions will be placed in the bus’s trunk or hold. Passengers are advised to use hard cases or suitable packaging to protect their instruments from damage, theft, or loss.
- Restrictions: Instruments with dimensions exceeding 135 x 48 x 35 cm, such as double basses, harps, drums, and organs, are not eligible for transport.
- Fee: Bicycles can be transported for a fee and should be packed in transport bags or suitable packaging to prevent damage to other luggage.
- Dependent on Occupancy: Bicycle transportation availability depends on passenger occupancy and available trunk space.
Accessibility for People with Reduced Mobility
Socibus is dedicated to providing accessible travel options for individuals with reduced mobility. All coaches are equipped with two accessible seats for passengers with mobility challenges. To ensure a seamless experience, passengers with reduced mobility should contact Socibus at least 48 hours in advance to make the necessary arrangements.
In the event of lost items on a Socibus coach, passengers are encouraged to contact the company for assistance in locating and retrieving their belongings.
Socibus Coach Fleet
Socibus boasts one of the most modern and well-maintained coach fleets in the market. Passenger comfort, safety, environmental consciousness, and accessibility are top priorities for the company. Key features of Socibus coaches include:
- Safety systems such as Antislip (ASR), ABS brake assist, ESP Stability control, and structural rollover strength.
- Seat belts in all seats.
- Xenon headlights and web GPS-based vehicle tracking.
- CCTV surveillance in the luggage compartment.
- Comfort amenities like WC cabins, footrests, reclining seats, individual audio, and drink holders.
- Accessibility features, including raised ramps and reserved spaces for passengers with reduced mobility.
- Seats numbered with Braille systems.
- Free internet connectivity via WiFi.
- Multimedia entertainment systems with video-television-CD screens.
- Double tinted glass for improved thermal and acoustic insulation.
- 220V power outlets in all coaches.
- Front video cameras for passengers to view the road.
- A compartment designed for transporting pets.
Socibus offers a premium travel experience with its PLUS coaches, which include additional features such as:
- Rows of two seats plus an extra seat for added comfort.
- Multimedia entertainment systems with touch screens and complimentary headphones.
- State-of-the-art seats with charging ports for electronic devices and USB ports.
- High-speed free WiFi (4G).
- Spacious toilets with modern accessories.
- Enhanced luggage control with four CCTV cameras.
- Full accessibility for passengers with reduced mobility.
- Desfibrillators in each vehicle for medical emergencies.
History of the Socibus coach company
Socibus is a Spanish long-distance bus company that has played a significant role in the Regular Transport of Motorway Travelers since its establishment in 1987. Founded by a group of twenty-one forward-thinking businessmen hailing from various regions of Spain, Socibus has continuously evolved to provide quality transportation services and innovation in the field of intercity travel.
Foundation and Early Years (1987-1992)
In 1987, the society known as the Long Distance Coaches Co. was established by a consortium of entrepreneurs with diverse backgrounds. These founders, including individuals from Andalusia, Castile, Galicia, Murcia, and Madrid, shared a common vision to participate in national motorway route management contests organized by the Minister of Transport. Their determination and ingenuity paid off when they were granted the opportunity to participate in the first contest, VAC-045 Madrid-Sevilla-Huelva-Ayamonte, in 1991, followed by a second contest of the same route in 1992.
These contests marked Socibus’s entry into the world of Regular Transport of Motorway Travelers. The company stood out by prioritizing service quality and differentiation, introducing a fleet of buses with 38 seats, private sound systems, and even onboard W.C.’s. This commitment to comfort and excellence set the stage for Socibus’s future success.
Key Milestones (1992-2018)
- 1992: On February 22, 1992, Socibus opened and began operating the Madrid-Sevilla-Huelva-Ayamonte route, revolutionizing motorway travel with its quality service and amenities.
- 1995: Socibus expanded its operations with the allocation of the Madrid-Andujar Concession – Cordoba, which started operating on July 17, 1995.
- 1997: The company decided to participate in the «UTE Concesionaria de la Gestión de la Estación de Autobuses de Córdoba» until 2014, further extending its reach.
- 2001: Socibus undertook the renovation of the Madrid-Sevilla-Huelva-Ayamonte and Madrid-Andujar-Cordoba-Cadiz-San Fernando concessions, demonstrating its commitment to modernizing its services.
- 2009: In February 2009, Socibus facilitated direct motorway connections between Andujar, Cordoba, and Huelva, enhancing accessibility for residents of these regions.
- 2011: The company embarked on its second renovation of the Madrid-Sevilla-Huelva-Ayamonte and Madrid-Andujar-Cordoba-Cadiz-San Fernando concessions. Additionally, Socibus acquired the Irún-Algeciras Concession (now the VAC-234) from UNIONBUS S.L., expanding its network.
- 2012: Socibus introduced direct connections between Andujar and various destinations, including Malaga, Torremolinos, Fuengirola, Marbella, Estepona, Algeciras, and Tarifa. The company also became part of the «UTE Concesionara de la Gestión del Servicio de Transporte Marítimo de la Bahía de Cádiz — Consorcio de Transportes Metropolitano de Cádiz.»
- 2014: Socibus increased its presence in the transportation sector by becoming involved in the management of Cordoba’s bus depot, securing a 25% stake in the endeavor.
- 2016: The company expanded further by managing Andujar’s bus depot and renovating the Irun-Algeciras Concession. It also took on the responsibility of managing the Bahia de Cadiz Maritime Transport Service.
- 2018: Socibus continued its growth with the allocation of Andujar’s Urban Transport (Jaen), San Roque’s Urban Transport (Cadiz), and «La Linea de la Concepcion’s» Urban Transport (Cadiz).