Book cheap flights with «Play Airlines»
Play Airlines: contact details
|Type of airline:||Low-cost airline|
|Operating bases and hubs:||Reykjavik Keflavik International Airport|
|Foundation date:||July 2019 as WAB air
November 2019 as Play Airlines (Fly Play)
|Air Fleet:||Airbus A320neo, Airbus A321neo|
|Address:||Play Airlines, Suðurlandsbraut 14, Reykjavik 108, Iceland|
|Phone:||+354 860-4500 (Whatsapp)|
|Play Airlines official website:||flyplay.com|
Play Airlines: Flight Destinations
|1||Aalborg → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|2||Aarhus → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|3||Malaga → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|4||Alicante → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|5||Amsterdam → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|6||Stockholm → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|7||Athens → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|8||Barcelona → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|9||Berlin → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|10||Billund → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|11||Bologna → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|12||Boston → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|13||Brussels → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|14||Baltimore → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|15||Paris → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|16||Copenhagen → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|17||Dublin → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|18||Dusseldorf → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|19||Yerevan → Frankfurt||Find tickets|
|20||Frankfurt → Yerevan||Find tickets|
|21||Frankfurt → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|22||Puerto del Rosario → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|23||Glasgow → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|24||Gothenburg → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|25||Geneva → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|26||Hamburg → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|27||Washington → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|28||Reykjavik → Aalborg||Find tickets|
|29||Reykjavik → Aarhus||Find tickets|
|30||Reykjavik → Malaga||Find tickets|
|31||Reykjavik → Alicante||Find tickets|
|32||Reykjavik → Amsterdam||Find tickets|
|33||Reykjavik → Stockholm||Find tickets|
|34||Reykjavik → Athens||Find tickets|
|35||Reykjavik → Barcelona||Find tickets|
|36||Reykjavik → Berlin||Find tickets|
|37||Reykjavik → Billund||Find tickets|
|38||Reykjavik → Bologna||Find tickets|
|39||Reykjavik → Boston||Find tickets|
|40||Reykjavik → Brussels||Find tickets|
|41||Reykjavik → Baltimore||Find tickets|
|42||Reykjavik → Paris||Find tickets|
|43||Reykjavik → Copenhagen||Find tickets|
|44||Reykjavik → Dublin||Find tickets|
|45||Reykjavik → Dusseldorf||Find tickets|
|46||Reykjavik → Frankfurt||Find tickets|
|47||Reykjavik → Puerto del Rosario||Find tickets|
|48||Reykjavik → Glasgow||Find tickets|
|49||Reykjavik → Gothenburg||Find tickets|
|50||Reykjavik → Geneva||Find tickets|
|51||Reykjavik → Hamburg||Find tickets|
|52||Reykjavik → Washington||Find tickets|
|53||Reykjavik → Lisbon||Find tickets|
|54||Reykjavik → Las Palmas||Find tickets|
|55||Reykjavik → Liverpool||Find tickets|
|56||Reykjavik → Madrid||Find tickets|
|57||Reykjavik → Orlando||Find tickets|
|58||Reykjavik → Porto||Find tickets|
|59||Reykjavik → Bucharest||Find tickets|
|60||Reykjavik → Palma Mallorca||Find tickets|
|61||Reykjavik → Prague||Find tickets|
|62||Reykjavik → London||Find tickets|
|63||Reykjavik → Stavanger||Find tickets|
|64||Reykjavik → Newburgh||Find tickets|
|65||Reykjavik → Salzburg||Find tickets|
|66||Reykjavik → Tenerife||Find tickets|
|67||Reykjavik → Trondheim||Find tickets|
|68||Reykjavik → Venice||Find tickets|
|69||Reykjavik → Verona||Find tickets|
|70||Reykjavik → Warsaw||Find tickets|
|71||Reykjavik → Toronto||Find tickets|
|72||Lisbon → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|73||Las Palmas → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|74||Liverpool → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|75||Madrid → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|76||Orlando → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|77||Porto → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|78||Bucharest → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|79||Palma Mallorca → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|80||Prague → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|81||London → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|82||Stavanger → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|83||Newburgh → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|84||Salzburg → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|85||Tenerife → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|86||Trondheim → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|87||Venice → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|88||Verona → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|89||Warsaw → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
|90||Toronto → Reykjavik||Find tickets|
Play Airlines Fleet
|Airplane||Number of aircraft||Number of seats|
Play Airlines, the Icelandic low-cost carrier, operates a modern fleet consisting primarily of Airbus A320neo and Airbus A321neo aircraft. These aircraft are known for their fuel efficiency and passenger comfort.
- Airbus A320neo:
- Play Airlines utilizes the Airbus A320neo for its shorter-haul routes. This aircraft is renowned for its fuel efficiency and eco-friendly features.
- Airbus A321neo:
- The Airbus A321neo forms a part of Play Airlines’ fleet for longer-haul flights. It offers increased capacity and range compared to the A320neo, making it suitable for various routes.
- Airbus A320neo:
- The Airbus A320neo typically accommodates approximately 192 passengers in a single-class configuration. This configuration maximizes seating capacity, making it a cost-effective choice for Play Airlines’ shorter routes.
- Airbus A321neo:
- The Airbus A321neo offers a larger seating capacity than the A320neo. It typically accommodates around 230 passengers in a single-class layout. The increased capacity of the A321neo is advantageous for serving longer routes and meeting passenger demand.
- Single-Class Configuration:
- Play Airlines employs a single-class configuration on both the Airbus A320neo and A321neo aircraft. This means that all passengers travel in the same class, ensuring a consistent in-flight experience for everyone on board.
Classes of Service:
- Economy Class:
- Play Airlines offers a single-class seating arrangement on all its flights, providing an Economy Class experience to passengers. In this class, passengers have access to the airline’s standard amenities and services.
- Standard Seating:
- The cabin layout typically consists of standard economy seating with comfortable seats designed for shorter to medium-haul flights. Seats are arranged in a 3×3 configuration on the Airbus A320neo and a similar layout on the Airbus A321neo.
- In-Flight Services:
- Passengers traveling with Play Airlines can expect standard in-flight services, including the purchase of snacks, beverages, and meals from the onboard menu. The airline may offer options for passengers to buy meals and refreshments during the flight.
- Entertainment and Connectivity:
- Play Airlines may provide passengers with options for in-flight entertainment and connectivity, such as Wi-Fi access and streaming services. However, the specific offerings may vary depending on the route and aircraft.
- Comfort and Amenities:
- Play Airlines strives to offer a comfortable and enjoyable travel experience to all passengers. While amenities may vary, the airline focuses on providing a cost-effective and efficient journey.
Play Airlines Web check-in
- Opening and Closing Times Online check-in for Play Airlines flights begins 24 hours before the scheduled departure time of the flight and concludes 1 hour prior to the flight’s scheduled departure. This convenient service allows passengers to save time at the airport by completing the check-in process remotely.
- Exceptions for Specific Airports It’s important to note that online check-in is not available for flights departing from Bologna (BLQ), Geneva (GVA), and Salzburg (SZG). In these cases, passengers should plan to visit the check-in desks, which open 3 hours before departure and close 1 hour prior to takeoff.
- The Check-In Process When online check-in is open for your flight, you can log in to your account on the airline’s website and select the «Check in» option. The process is designed to be user-friendly and efficient, taking only a few minutes to complete.
- Limitations After Online Check-In Once you have successfully completed the online check-in process, certain changes become restricted. You will no longer have the ability to alter the flight date, make corrections to passenger names, or select specific seats.
- Purchasing Baggage Allowance Passengers have the option to purchase additional baggage allowance during the online check-in process and until the check-in window closes. Payment can be made using the credit card linked to your account, or if preferred, you can add a new card to your account for payment.
- Advantage of Pre-Purchasing Baggage Allowance It’s worth noting that the price for additional carry-on baggage allowance may be higher if purchased at the gate. For cost-effective travel, it is recommended that passengers purchase additional baggage allowance during the online check-in to avoid higher charges at the airport. Exceeding the purchased baggage allowance will result in additional fees at the gate.
- Checked Baggage Drop-Off For passengers with checked baggage, after completing online check-in, you should proceed to the check-in desk at the airport to drop off your baggage. At Keflavik International Airport, self-service kiosks are available for passengers to scan their boarding passes and print bag tags, a vital step in matching baggage to the respective passenger. After tagging your baggage, you can then drop it off at the designated baggage drop-off desk before proceeding to security screening.
- Cabin Baggage and Security Passengers traveling with only cabin baggage and having successfully checked in online, received their boarding pass, and met the airline’s size and weight requirements for cabin baggage can proceed directly to security screening upon arrival at the airport.
- Seat Assignments Seat assignments are automatically generated during online check-in. However, passengers have the option to change their assigned seats and purchase preferred seating if desired.
- Accessing the Boarding Pass After completing the online check-in process, passengers can choose to have their boarding pass sent to their email address. This electronic boarding pass can be conveniently accessed and used via a smartphone, simplifying the boarding process. The boarding pass contains essential flight details such as scheduled departure and boarding times, gate information (if available during check-in), passenger name, and additional travel information.
- Timeliness Matters It’s crucial for passengers to ensure they arrive in a timely manner for both check-in and boarding. Failure to do so may result in a lost ticket, which can lead to difficulties in rescheduling or accessing the flight.
Check-in at the airport for Fly Play flights
|Airport||Code||Terminal||Check-in opens||Check-in closes|
|Aalborg Airport||AAL||Main terminal||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Alicante Airport||ALC||Main Terminal||2 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Amsterdam Airport||AMS||Terminal 3||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Athens International Airport||ATH||Main terminal||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Baltimore Airport||BWI||International Terminal — Zone E||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Barcelona Airport||BCN||Terminal 2||2 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Berlin Brandenburg Airport||BER||Terminal 1||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Billund Airport||BLL||Main terminal||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Bologna Airport||BLQ||Terminal 1||3 hours before departure
Web check-in is unavailable on flights from Bologna BLQ
|1 hour before departure|
|Boston Logan Intl. Airport||BOS||Terminal E||4 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Brussels Airport||BRU||Main Terminal||2 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Copenhagen Airport||CPH||Terminal 2||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Dublin Airport||DUB||Terminal 1||2 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Düsseldorf Airport||DUS||Main terminal||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Frankfurt International Airport||FRA||First flight December 14, 2023|
|Fuerteventura Airport||FUE||First flight December 20, 2023|
|Geneva Airport||GVA||Terminal 1||3 hours before departure
Web check-in is unavailable on flights from Geneva GVA
|1 hour before departure|
|Glasgow Airport||GLA||Main terminal||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Gothenburg Airport||GOT||Main Terminal||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Gran Canaria Airport||LPA||Main terminal — Zone 2||2 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Hamburg Airport||HAM||Terminal 1||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Keflavik Iceland Intl Airport||KEF||Main terminal||2 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Lisbon Airport||LIS||Main — Terminal 1||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Liverpool John Lennon Airport||LPL||Main Terminal||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|London Stansted Airport||STN||Main terminal — Zone A||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Madrid Airport||MAD||Terminal 1||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Malaga-Costa del Sol Airport||AGP||Main Terminal||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Mallorca Airport||PMI||Terminal C||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|New York Stewart Intl Airport||SWF||Main Terminal||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport||CDG||Terminal 3||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Porto Airport||OPO||Main Terminal||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Prague Airport||PRG||Terminal 2||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Salzburg Airport||SZG||Main terminal||3 hours before departure
Web check-in is unavailable on flights from Salzburg SZG
|1 hour before departure|
|Stockholm Arlanda Airport||ARN||Terminal 2||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Tenerife South Airport||TFS||Main terminal||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Toronto, Hamilton International Airport||YHM||Main terminal||4 hours before departure.
All passengers are required to go to the airport check-in counter to confirm their travel documents
|1 hour before departure|
|Venice, Marco Polo Airport||VCE||Main terminal||2.5 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Verona Villafranca Airport||VRN||First flight January 20, 2024|
|Warsaw Chopin Airport||WAW||Terminal A||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
|Washington, DC Airport||IAD||Main Terminal||3 hours before departure||1 hour before departure|
Checked baggage and carry-on baggage allowances on Play Airlines flights
- The Personal Item Every passenger on a PLAY Airlines flight is entitled to one personal item as part of their ticket fare. This personal item must be small enough to fit under the seat in front of you and should not exceed the dimensions of 42x32x25 cm (17x13x10 in) with a maximum weight of 10 kg (22 lbs), including handles and wheels. Additionally, passengers are allowed to bring one duty-free shopping bag and necessary medical equipment or medication required during the flight.
- Free-of-Charge Items In addition to the personal item, passengers are permitted to bring mobility aids, essential medical equipment, and infant car seats on board, free of charge. This is applicable when an infant occupies their own seat, and these items are deemed necessary for the passenger.
- Carry-On Baggage Passengers who require more carry-on baggage than the personal item can opt to purchase one additional carry-on bag. The dimensions for this additional bag should not exceed 56x45x25 cm (22x18x10 in), with a maximum weight of 12 kg (26 lbs), including handles and wheels. It’s important to note that these dimensions are not flexible as the bag must fit in the overhead lockers. Due to limited cabin space, the allowance for carry-on baggage may sell out, so passengers are encouraged to purchase this allowance in advance. Purchasing an additional carry-on baggage allowance also includes priority boarding inside the aircraft, though it does not extend to priority check-in.
- Checked Baggage — Weight Allowances Passengers have the option to purchase additional checked baggage allowance for up to three checked bags, which are stored in the aircraft’s hold. The combined dimensions of each checked bag must not exceed 158 cm (62 in). PLAY Airlines offers three weight options for checked baggage: 20 kg (44 lbs), 23 kg (50 lbs), and 32 kg (70 lbs). Weight exceeding the purchased allowance is considered excess weight and is subject to additional charges. It’s essential to note that a single suitcase should never exceed 32 kg.
- VIA Checked Baggage For passengers with connecting flights on PLAY Airlines, their baggage is checked through to the final destination. However, it’s important to be aware that during long connecting times in Iceland, retrieving baggage may not be possible unless specifically requested to be checked only to KEF (Keflavík International Airport) and not the final destination. PLAY Airlines does not have interline agreements with other airlines, so passengers connecting with other carriers must pick up their checked baggage from the baggage belt and check it in again with the connecting airline.
- Special Baggage Items that do not fall under the category of a «normal suitcase» are considered special baggage. Examples of special baggage include golf sets, skis, fishing gear, strollers, and musical instruments. PLAY Airlines provides five options for adding special baggage to your booking: golf sets, skis, bicycles, regular odd-sized bags, and large odd-sized bags. Golf sets, skis, and bicycles are specifically categorized, while other special baggage is booked based on the dimensions of the item. Regular odd-sized bags are defined as items larger than 90x65x45 cm (35x25x17 in) or irregularly shaped suitcases, with a maximum size limit of 180×124 cm (70×48 in) and a weight limit of 20 kg (44 lbs).If an item exceeds the size requirements of the regular odd-sized bag, passengers have the option to choose the larger odd-sized bag. This larger bag allows for a maximum weight of 32 kg (70 lbs) and dimensions of up to 277x75x65 cm (109x29x25 in).
PLAY Airlines’ baggage policies aim to provide flexibility and convenience for passengers while ensuring safety and space management on board their flights. It is important for travelers to review these policies before their journey to avoid any inconvenience or additional charges related to their baggage.
Play Airlines: Airfare Deals from Reykjavik
|Destination||Departure at||Stops||Find tickets|
|Vilnius||10 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 48|
|Rome||7 November 2023||Direct||Tickets from 53|
|Dublin||20 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 56|
|Vienna||17 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 57|
|Warsaw||1 January 2024||Direct||Tickets from 58|
|Budapest||26 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 58|
|Katowice||21 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 59|
|Gdansk||27 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 64|
|Milan||25 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 68|
|Oslo||8 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 69|
|Berlin||4 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 76|
|Barcelona||31 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 76|
|Tenerife||23 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 79|
|Helsinki||15 December 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 84|
|Amsterdam||10 January 2024||Direct||Tickets from 84|
|Riga||15 December 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 86|
|Copenhagen||8 February 2024||1 Stop||Tickets from 89|
|Kutaisi||21 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 92|
|Madrid||8 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 95|
|Frankfurt||5 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 98|
|Athens||9 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 98|
|London||3 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 98|
|Prague||4 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 99|
|Paphos||3 January 2024||1 Stop||Tickets from 100|
|Thessaloniki||9 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 104|
|Nis||10 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 105|
|Sharm el Sheikh||3 December 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 106|
|Nice||10 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 107|
|Istanbul||16 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 109|
|Split||10 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 112|
|Venice||10 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 117|
|Stockholm||10 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 120|
|Dubrovnik||10 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 126|
|Geneva||21 June 2024||1 Stop||Tickets from 130|
|Antalya||26 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 138|
|Dusseldorf||10 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 148|
|Faroe Islands||20 November 2023||Direct||Tickets from 157|
|Naples||5 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 157|
|Newburgh||3 November 2023||Direct||Tickets from 179|
|Boston||3 November 2023||Direct||Tickets from 182|
|Zurich||10 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 192|
|Toronto||6 December 2023||Direct||Tickets from 205|
|Akureyri||3 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 219|
|New York||3 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 240|
|Los Angeles||26 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 274|
|Orlando||5 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 288|
|Baku||24 August 2024||1 Stop||Tickets from 314|
|Halifax||26 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 377|
|Nuuk||12 December 2023||Direct||Tickets from 507|
|Kulusuk||18 July 2024||Direct||Tickets from 554|
|Oakland||25 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 779|
Popular Routes of Play Airlines
Play Airlines operates a network of destinations primarily in Europe and North America.
- Baltimore: Play Airlines offers flights to Baltimore, Maryland, providing travelers with access to the vibrant culture and attractions of this East Coast city.
- Boston: Passengers can fly with Play Airlines to Boston, Massachusetts, experiencing the rich history and contemporary charm of this iconic American city.
- New York: Play Airlines connects passengers to the bustling metropolis of New York City, offering access to world-famous landmarks, culture, and entertainment.
- Toronto: The airline provides flights to Toronto, Canada, allowing travelers to explore the diverse culture and attractions of this dynamic Canadian city.
- Washington D.C.: Travelers can reach the capital of the United States, Washington D.C., via Play Airlines, where they can explore historical landmarks and government institutions.
- Aalborg: Play Airlines serves Aalborg in Denmark, offering a gateway to this charming Danish city with its rich history and cultural heritage.
- Alicante: Passengers can fly to Alicante, Spain, to enjoy the sunny Mediterranean coast and beautiful beaches of this popular tourist destination.
- Amsterdam: The airline provides flights to Amsterdam, Netherlands, giving travelers access to the picturesque canals, historic architecture, and vibrant culture of the city.
- Athens: Play Airlines offers connections to Athens, Greece, allowing passengers to immerse themselves in the ancient history, art, and cuisine of the Greek capital.
- Barcelona: Travelers can explore the vibrant city of Barcelona, Spain, known for its unique architecture, art, and lively atmosphere, thanks to Play Airlines.
- Berlin: Passengers can reach Berlin, Germany, via Play Airlines, experiencing the dynamic cultural scene, historical landmarks, and thriving nightlife of the city.
- Billund: Play Airlines serves Billund in Denmark, making it convenient for travelers to visit LEGOLAND Billund Resort and other family-friendly attractions.
- Bologna: Play Airlines connects passengers to Bologna, Italy, known for its culinary delights, historic sites, and cultural treasures.
- Brussels: Travelers can fly to Brussels, Belgium, via Play Airlines, exploring the capital of the European Union and its diverse cultural offerings.
- Copenhagen: The airline provides access to Copenhagen, Denmark, where passengers can discover the Danish capital’s mix of modernity and tradition.
- Dublin: Play Airlines serves Dublin, Ireland, allowing passengers to explore the city’s rich literary history, vibrant pubs, and scenic landscapes.
- Düsseldorf: Passengers can reach Düsseldorf, Germany, via Play Airlines, exploring the city’s fashion scene, arts, and cultural attractions.
- Frankfurt: Play Airlines offers flights to Frankfurt, Germany, providing access to the financial hub, historical landmarks, and cultural events.
- Fuerteventura: Travelers can enjoy the sun-soaked beaches and natural beauty of Fuerteventura, Spain, with Play Airlines’ flights to the Canary Islands.
- Geneva: Play Airlines connects passengers to Geneva, Switzerland, offering access to the picturesque city on the shores of Lake Geneva.
- Glasgow: Passengers can explore Glasgow, Scotland, with Play Airlines, discovering its vibrant music scene, historic architecture, and cultural events.
- Gothenburg: Play Airlines serves Gothenburg in Sweden, allowing travelers to experience the city’s maritime heritage, culinary delights, and cultural offerings.
- Gran Canaria: Travelers can enjoy the beautiful landscapes and beaches of Gran Canaria, Spain, with Play Airlines’ flights to the Canary Islands.
- Hamburg: Passengers can reach Hamburg, Germany, via Play Airlines, exploring the city’s maritime history, music culture, and vibrant neighborhoods.
- Iceland: Play Airlines connects passengers to various destinations within Iceland, allowing them to experience the country’s stunning natural beauty, geothermal wonders, and unique culture.
- Lisbon: Travelers can explore Lisbon, Portugal, with Play Airlines, discovering its historic neighborhoods, scenic views, and vibrant street life.
- Liverpool: Play Airlines offers flights to Liverpool, England, providing access to the city’s rich musical heritage, historical sites, and cultural attractions.
- London: Passengers can reach London, United Kingdom, via Play Airlines, experiencing the iconic landmarks, world-class museums, and diverse neighborhoods of the British capital.
- Madrid: Play Airlines serves Madrid, Spain, allowing travelers to immerse themselves in the city’s art, history, and lively atmosphere.
- Malaga: Travelers can enjoy the sunny beaches and cultural attractions of Malaga, Spain, with Play Airlines’ flights to the Costa del Sol.
- Mallorca: Play Airlines connects passengers to Mallorca, Spain, offering access to the beautiful Mediterranean island known for its beaches and historic sites.
- Paris: Passengers can explore Paris, France, with Play Airlines, discovering its iconic landmarks, art museums, and culinary delights.
- Porto: Play Airlines serves Porto, Portugal, allowing travelers to experience the city’s historic charm, wine culture, and scenic riverfront.
- Prague: Travelers can discover the historic city of Prague, Czech Republic, with Play Airlines, exploring its medieval architecture and vibrant nightlife.
- Salzburg: Play Airlines connects passengers to Salzburg, Austria, providing access to the picturesque city known for its music heritage and Alpine surroundings.
- Stockholm: Passengers can reach Stockholm, Sweden, via Play Airlines, experiencing the Swedish capital’s blend of modernity and historic beauty.
- Tenerife: Travelers can enjoy the natural beauty and beaches of Tenerife, Spain, with Play Airlines’ flights to the Canary Islands.
- Venice: Play Airlines serves Venice, Italy, allowing passengers to explore the romantic canals, historic architecture, and artistic heritage of the city.
- Verona: Passengers can discover Verona, Italy, with Play Airlines, known for its Shakespearean connections and ancient Roman landmarks.
- Warsaw: Travelers can explore Warsaw, Poland, with Play Airlines, experiencing the city’s rich history, vibrant culture, and modern developments.
Meals on board Fly Play
Play Airlines offers a variety of meal options and deals to cater to the diverse preferences of its passengers. The offerings differ depending on the class of service, ensuring that travelers can enjoy a satisfying dining experience in the sky.
1. Beverages, Tasty Snacks & Sweets
- Play Airlines provides an array of beverages, delectable snacks, and sweets available for purchase. Passengers can explore special deals to save on their in-flight refreshments, adding an enjoyable touch to their journey.
2. Kids Deal
- For young travelers, Play Airlines offers a special Kids Deal that includes options like pizza, wraps, or baguettes, complemented by soft drinks. This provides a child-friendly meal option to keep the little ones satisfied during the flight.
3. Snack Deals
- Passengers can choose from a selection of snack deals, offering an assortment of snacks, including olives, beef jerky, Pringles, and more. These deals often include options to add soft drinks, providing a convenient and cost-effective way to curb your cravings during the flight.
4. Play Power Meal
- The Play Power Meal offers a nutritious option with Icelandic Couscous Stew, ensuring that health-conscious travelers have a satisfying and wholesome meal on board.
5. Extra Snacks and Sweets
- Travelers can further enhance their in-flight dining experience by purchasing extra snacks and sweets. Options include YumYum Noodles, Protein Pancake, Elephant Pretzels, and more.
- Play Airlines offers a wide selection of beverages, including soft drinks, beer, wine, spirits, and even Icelandic water. Travelers can complement their meals with their preferred drinks.
7. Breakfast Deals
- Passengers can kick-start their day with breakfast deals, which may include options like croissants, muffins, pain au chocolat, accompanied by hot drinks, water, or juice.
8. Pizza, Wrap, or Baguette
- Play Airlines serves classic favorites like Margherita Pizza, Hot Ham & Cheese Baguette, and a Vegan Wrap. These options are perfect for those looking for a substantial meal on board.
9. Happy Hour
- Travelers can take advantage of Play Airlines’ happy hour offerings, which include various alcoholic beverages and spirit mixers at discounted rates.
10. Local Beer — For those interested in local flavors, Play Airlines features local Icelandic beers, providing passengers with a taste of the region.
It’s important to note that the availability of specific meals and deals may vary depending on the route and the class of service. Passengers can explore the onboard menu during their flight to select their preferred dining options.
Fly Play: Airfare Discounts to Reykjavik
|Origin||Departure at||Distance||Stops||Find tickets|
|London||7 November 2023||1862 km||Direct||Tickets from 32|
|Rome||12 December 2023||3321 km||Direct||Tickets from 33|
|Milan||26 November 2023||2809 km||Direct||Tickets from 42|
|Vilnius||20 November 2023||2828 km||Direct||Tickets from 43|
|Vienna||3 December 2023||2931 km||Direct||Tickets from 45|
|Oslo||26 October 2023||1782 km||Direct||Tickets from 47|
|Dublin||20 November 2023||1499 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 47|
|Gdansk||4 October 2023||2515 km||Direct||Tickets from 48|
|Katowice||21 October 2023||2850 km||Direct||Tickets from 48|
|Wroclaw||4 October 2023||2694 km||Direct||Tickets from 48|
|Warsaw||11 October 2023||2805 km||Direct||Tickets from 54|
|Budapest||19 October 2023||3116 km||Direct||Tickets from 54|
|Lisbon||22 November 2023||2942 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 61|
|Thessaloniki||24 November 2023||3913 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 73|
|Hamburg||10 October 2023||2168 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 76|
|Stockholm||3 November 2023||2143 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 76|
|Madrid||10 November 2023||2894 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 76|
|Paris||14 December 2023||2183 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 76|
|Poznan||16 November 2023||2586 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 77|
|Riga||3 October 2023||2605 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 78|
|Manchester||24 February 2024||1653 km||Direct||Tickets from 79|
|Prague||17 November 2023||2654 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 81|
|Malaga||4 December 2023||3272 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 83|
|Yerevan||21 November 2023||4974 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 85|
|Copenhagen||25 October 2023||2143 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 89|
|Krakow||16 October 2023||2917 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 91|
|Helsinki||3 November 2023||2444 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 92|
|Valencia||11 January 2024||3086 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 94|
|Brussels||17 October 2023||2187 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 95|
|Nice||10 October 2023||2936 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 95|
|Belgrade||15 January 2024||3396 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 96|
|Sofia||20 December 2023||3734 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 99|
|Kutaisi||11 October 2023||4701 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 109|
|Geneva||22 December 2023||2646 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 137|
|Sharm el Sheikh||17 December 2023||5644 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 139|
|Bucharest||25 December 2023||3690 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 143|
|Antalya||11 October 2023||4618 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 155|
|Kirkenes||30 April 2024||2299 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 164|
|Faroe Islands||20 November 2023||801 km||Direct||Tickets from 168|
|Baku||23 October 2023||5220 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 178|
|Baltimore||16 October 2023||4434 km||Direct||Tickets from 184|
|Washington||16 October 2023||4492 km||Direct||Tickets from 184|
|Toronto||25 November 2023||4229 km||Direct||Tickets from 187|
|Venice||8 October 2023||2975 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 187|
|Podgorica||28 October 2023||3572 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 198|
|Newburgh||11 October 2023||4099 km||Direct||Tickets from 206|
|Dortmund||24 July 2024||2232 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 238|
|Munich||8 October 2023||2693 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 239|
|Los Angeles||21 October 2023||6924 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 258|
|Boston||23 November 2023||3874 km||Direct||Tickets from 322|
Rules of transporting children on Play Airlines flights
Play Airlines understands the importance of safe and convenient travel for families with infants and children. To ensure a comfortable journey for young passengers, the airline has established specific rules and guidelines for traveling with children.
1. Traveling with an Infant:
- An infant is defined as a baby who has not yet reached their 2nd birthday. Infants are charged a fixed price for their travel.
- If a ticket is booked for an unborn baby, the name and date of birth can be amended after the initial booking at no additional cost.
- Please note that infants must be at least 7 days old (assuming they are not born prematurely) to be eligible for air travel.
Baggage for Infants:
- Infants traveling with Play Airlines are allowed one personal item in cabin baggage with maximum dimensions of 42x32x25 cm (17x13x10 in) and a weight limit of 10 kg (22 lbs), including handles and wheels.
- Additional baggage cannot be added to an infant’s ticket.
- Baby strollers, prams, and car seats can be carried free of charge, with a maximum of two items per infant. These items can be added to the booking during the reservation process, in the MyPLAY portal, or during online check-in.
Seats for Infants:
- Infants do not receive a separate seat on the plane; they must sit on the lap of the accompanying adult.
- Passengers can purchase an additional seat for the infant if they prefer. However, during takeoff and landing, the infant may not occupy the extra seat unless secured in an airline-approved car seat.
- An additional seat for an infant must be a window seat and can be booked through Play Airlines’ Service Requests or by contacting the airline’s Service Team.
Travel Documents for Infants:
- All infants traveling with Play Airlines must have a valid passport.
2. Traveling with a Child:
- Children aged 2 to 11 years are considered child passengers and are charged a standard child fare.
- Children in this age group are entitled to their own seat on board the aircraft.
- Play Airlines encourages children to be well-behaved passengers and avoid kicking the seat in front of them.
Baggage for Children:
- Children have the same baggage allowance as adult passengers, including one personal item in cabin baggage with maximum dimensions of 42x32x25 cm (17x13x10 in) and a weight limit of 10 kg (22 lbs), including handles and wheels.
- Additional baggage allowance can be purchased for child passengers.
- Strollers, prams, and car seats can be carried free of charge, with a maximum of two items per child. Passengers can add these items to an existing booking by contacting Play Airlines’ Service Team.
Seats for Children:
- Children can occupy any seat on the plane except for those in the emergency exit rows.
Travel Documents for Children:
- All children traveling with Play Airlines must have a valid passport.
3. Children Traveling Alone:
- Children between the ages of 8 and 11 years, who have reached their 8th birthday but not their 12th birthday, can travel alone but require the Unaccompanied Minor Service (UMNR).
- The UMNR service is not available for children traveling on connecting flights via Iceland.
- Passengers aged 12 and older are considered adults and may travel alone. However, they can still request Unaccompanied Minor Services if desired.
- Children between the ages of 12 and 17 may not travel alone with other children or infants and must be at least 18 years old to accompany a child or infant.
Travel Documents for Children Traveling Alone:
- All children, including unaccompanied minors, must have a valid passport to travel with Play Airlines.
4. Baby on Board:
- Pregnant women are responsible for ensuring that they are fit to fly during their pregnancy. It is recommended to consult a doctor or midwife before traveling.
- Pregnant women can travel without restrictions until their 36th week of pregnancy. After 36 weeks, they are not permitted to fly with Play Airlines.
- Breast milk and formula are allowed in cabin bags. These items should be removed from cabin bags for separate screening during security checks. Breastfeeding on board is permitted.
Facilities on Board:
- Play Airlines provides baby changing facilities on the airplane. However, the airline does not supply diapers, wipes, bassinets, or other baby care items.
- Heating breast milk on board the aircraft is not available.
- All children, infants, and pregnant women traveling with Play Airlines must have a valid passport to check in for flights.
Rules for transporting pets on Fly Play flights
Play Airlines holds a sincere affection for animals, but the airline has established specific regulations regarding the transportation of pets on its flights. As a general policy, Play Airlines does not transport animals in the cargo hold or cabin, with an exception for registered assistance dogs.
1. General Pet Transportation Policy:
- Play Airlines, as a standard policy, does not transport animals, whether in the cargo hold or the cabin of its aircraft.
2. Exception for Registered Assistance Dogs:
- Play Airlines makes an exception for passengers traveling with registered assistance dogs.
- Each aircraft can carry a maximum of one service dog in the cabin.
- It’s important to note that Play Airlines does not accept service dogs for one-way travel if the passenger holds a return ticket.
3. Quarantine Rule for Live Animals into Iceland:
- There is a strict 14-day quarantine rule in place for the transportation of live animals into Iceland. Passengers are advised to be aware of and comply with this regulation.
4. Terms and Conditions for Traveling with a Service Dog:
- Passengers traveling with a registered service dog should carefully review the following terms and conditions:
- There are no special charges, weight restrictions, or cage requirements for traveling with a service dog.
- Passengers with service dogs are advised to check in at least 90 minutes before the scheduled departure time to ensure a smooth travel experience.
- It is the passenger’s responsibility to obtain all necessary documentation for the service dog’s entry into the destination country.
- Play Airlines does not accept any liability if the service dog is denied entry into the destination country.
- The airline is not responsible for verifying that the service dog has the required documentation, including up-to-date vaccination records, for travel to and from any country.
- The person who has paid for the service dog’s transportation is responsible for settling any fines, costs, or expenses incurred due to insufficient documentation or the service dog not meeting the entry requirements of the passenger’s destination country.
History of Play Airlines
Play Airlines (styled as PLAY) is an Icelandic low-cost airline headquartered in Reykjavík, the capital of Iceland. The airline operates a fleet primarily composed of Airbus A320neo family aircraft, with its primary hub located at Keflavík International Airport.
Foundation and Early Developments
Play Airlines traces its origins back to July 2019 when two former executives of the now-defunct WOW air, Arnar Már Magnússon and Sveinn Ingi Steinþórsson, announced their plans to create a new airline. Initially referred to as WAB air, an abbreviation for «We Are Back,» this ambitious venture aimed to revitalize Iceland’s aviation industry. Avianta Capital, an Irish investment fund owned by Aislinn Whittley-Ryan, held a significant 75% stake in the venture, while the remaining share was owned by Neo, a company founded by Magnússon and Steinþórsson. The company set its sights on operating six aircraft and serving 14 destinations across Europe and the United States, with a target of attracting one million passengers within its first year of operation. To fulfill these ambitions, Play Airlines submitted an application for an air operator’s certificate (AOC) to the Icelandic Transport Authority.
Rebranding as PLAY and Fleet Expansion
In November 2019, the airline underwent a rebranding, adopting the name «PLAY.» It simultaneously initiated the process of recruiting operational staff. The airline announced plans to lease Airbus A321 aircraft configured with 200 passenger seats, opting for a striking red livery. PLAY set out to commence operations with two aircraft serving six European destinations during the winter of 2019–2020, including Alicante, Tenerife, London, Paris, Copenhagen, and Berlin. Additionally, there were intentions to introduce flights to four North American destinations in the spring of 2020. PLAY’s initial strategy involved commencing operations with two Airbus A321 aircraft, followed by the addition of four more by the summer of 2020. However, as of November 2020, the airline had secured landing permits for just three airports: London Stansted Airport, Gatwick Airport, and Dublin Airport.
Financial Developments and IPO
In April 2021, PLAY successfully completed a pre-IPO private placement round, raising a total of six billion Icelandic króna (approximately US $47 million) in new equity, under the management of Arctica Finance. Key participants in this round included Icelandic investment firm Stodir and two Icelandic pension funds. A noteworthy change occurred at the leadership level as Birgir Jónsson took over the role of CEO, replacing Arnar Már Magnússon. In May 2021, the airline achieved a significant milestone by obtaining its Air Operator’s Certificate (AOC) and acquiring its first aircraft, an Airbus A321neo. Shortly thereafter, PLAY commenced ticket sales and inaugurated its operations with a historic inaugural flight from Keflavík International Airport to London Stansted Airport on June 24, 2021. Simultaneously, on the same day as its maiden flight, PLAY launched its initial public offering (IPO), with aspirations to raise between 3.9 to 4.3 billion Icelandic króna (approximately US $32 to 35 million). The IPO concluded on June 25, 2021, garnering tremendous investor interest, resulting in an eight-fold oversubscription, with total subscriptions amounting to 33.8 billion Icelandic króna (around US $274 million).
Expansion into North America and Canada
In August 2021, PLAY Airlines submitted an application to the United States Department of Transportation, seeking approval to operate flights connecting Keflavík International Airport with the U.S. east coast, commencing in the summer of 2022. The application received the green light, leading to the airline’s announcement on December 16, 2021, of its first services to the United States. Flights to Baltimore and Boston were scheduled to launch in April and May 2022, respectively. Looking ahead, in January 2023, PLAY unveiled plans to expand into the Canadian market, announcing flights between Keflavík International Airport and John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport in Ontario, with operations set to commence in June 2023.