Based on EU regulation 261/2004, if your flight was delayed, regardless of the cost of the air ticket, then you are entitled to compensation from €250 to €600.
The amount of compensation for flight delay depends on the distance of the flight and the duration of the delay (see table below).
You can only receive compensation if:
- Your flight was delayed by 3 hours or more;
- Your flight was canceled;
- Your flight was delayed by less than 3 hours, but the delay caused you to miss your next connecting flight and arrive at your final destination more than 3 hours late;
- You were denied boarding due to overbooking, i.e. due to lack of vacancies;
- The delay or cancellation of the flight was not caused by bad weather, an airline and airport strike, or other force majeure;
- No more than 6 years have passed since the voyage
Also, the route and the airline must comply with the requirements of EU Regulation No. 261/2004.
|Route or airline||Airline from the European Union||Non-EU airline|
|Non-EU to non-EU||No||No|
|Non-EU to EU||Yes||No|
|From EU to non-EU||Yes||Yes|
|From EU to EU||Yes||Yes|
|Route or airline||Airline from Turkey||Airline not from Turkey|
|Not from Turkey not to Turkey||No||No|
|From outside Turkey to Turkey||Yes||No|
|From Turkey to outside Turkey||Yes||Yes|
|From Turkey to Turkey||Yes||Yes|
Flight delay compensation
|Reason||Distance||Less than 2 hours||More than 2 hours||More than 3 hours||More than 4 hours|
|Denied Boarding||1500 km or less||€125||€250||€250||€250|
|Denied Boarding||All flights within the EU over 1500 km and all flights between 1500 and 3500 km||€200||€400||€400||€400|
|Denied Boarding||All flights with one of the non-EU destinations over 3500 km||€300||€600||€600||€600|
|Flight Delay||1500 km or less||€0||€0||€250||€250|
|Flight Delay||All flights within the EU over 1500 km and all flights between 1500 and 3500 km||€0||€0||€400||€400|
|Flight Delay||All flights with one of the non-EU destinations over 3500 km||€0||€0||€300||€600|
|Flight Cancellation||1500 km or less||€125||€250||€250||€250|
|Flight Cancellation||All flights within the EU over 1500 km and all flights between 1500 and 3500 km||€200||€200||€400||€400|
|Flight Cancellation||All flights with one non-EU destination over 3500 km||€300||€300||€300||€600|
- soft drinks;
- accommodation (if the flight was rescheduled the next day);
- transfer to the place of residence;
- two phone calls.
All passengers can use the services of the company, regardless of their citizenship. This means that you can receive compensation for a delayed or canceled flight even if the passenger is not a citizen of the European Union or Turkey.
The company takes care of everything. The affected passenger only needs to sign a consent form to represent interests, as well as provide information about the flight and the ticket number. Further, the specialists will conduct a detailed analysis of the situation, draw up an initial claim and conduct a “legal dialogue” with the airline, seeking compensation. The client is informed about all important stages by E-mail or SMS.
In case of success, the injured air passenger is paid 75% of the compensation received. The remaining 25% is the service commission. In case of failure, the passenger does not bear any costs and other costs, since the commission is withheld only upon receipt of compensation.
If your flight is delayed or canceled due to the fault of one of the following airlines, then there is a very good chance that you will definitely receive compensation.