Book cheap flights with «City Airlines»
City Airlines: contact details
|Type of airline:||Scheduled airline|
|Operating bases and hubs:||Munich Airport|
|Reward program:||Miles & More|
|Air Fleet:||Airbus A319-100|
|Address:||City Airlines GmbH
Flughafen München, FOC
|City Airlines official website:||cityairlines.de|
City Airlines: Flight Destinations
City Airlines Fleet
|Airplane||Number of aircraft||Number of seats|
City Airlines Web check-in
- Check-in Opening: Web check-in for City Airlines international flights is generally available 24 hours before the scheduled departure time. This allows passengers to check in in advance and avoid the rush at the airport.
- Check-in completion: Web check-in for international flights usually ends 1-2 hours before departure. Passengers must ensure that they complete the check-in procedure within the specified time limit to avoid delays.
- Check-in opening: Similar to international flights, web check-in for City Airlines domestic flights usually opens 24 hours before departure.
- Check-in completion: Web check-in completion for domestic flights also occurs 1-2 hours before departure, giving passengers enough time to complete the procedure.
Web registration process:
- Booking and Confirmation: Passengers with a City Airlines flight reservation can visit the airline’s official website and log in using their bookings and personal details.
- Seat Selection: During web check-in, passengers can select seats on the aircraft according to their preferences and availability.
- Print boarding pass: After successful check-in, passengers can print their boarding passes or save them electronically on their mobile devices.
Check-in at the airport for City Airlines flights
- Check-in opening: Check-in for international City Airlines flights opens approximately 3 hours before the scheduled departure time. Passengers can begin the check-in procedure by presenting their tickets and documents.
- Check-in completion: Check-in for international flights usually closes 1 hour before departure. Passengers must allow for this time to ensure they have enough time to complete all check-in steps.
- Check-in opening: Check-in for City Airlines domestic flights usually opens 2 hours before the expected departure time. Passengers can go to the check-in counters and begin the procedure.
- Check-in completion: Check-in for domestic flights also ends 1 hour before departure. This ensures that passengers are prepared for boarding in a timely manner.
Check-in process at the airport:
- Production of documents: Passengers must present their documents such as tickets, passports and visas at the check-in counter.
- Seat Selection: Whenever possible, passengers can select seats on the aircraft that suit their preferences.
- Baggage Drop: Passengers can drop off their luggage at check-in, where it will be sent to the boarding area.
Features of check-in at the airport:
- Recommended arrival time: Passengers are advised to arrive at the airport early to allow sufficient time to check-in and complete all procedures.
- Online Check-in: For the convenience of passengers, City Airlines also offers online check-in, which can speed up the check-in process at the airport.
- Class benefits: Business Class passengers can have priority at check-in and boarding, providing faster service.
Checked baggage and carry-on baggage allowances on City Airlines flights
City Airlines, a subsidiary of Lufthansa and a German carrier, offers a variety of baggage and carry-on allowance options on its flights, covering different fares and classes of service.
- Carry-on baggage: In Economy Class on City Airlines, passengers can carry carry-on baggage free of charge, subject to certain restrictions. Generally, the maximum dimensions allowed for hand luggage are approximately 55 x 40 x 23 cm, and the weight is limited to approximately 8 kg. This allows passengers to have the necessary things with them during the flight.
- Baggage: Depending on the fare chosen, Economy Class passengers may have different baggage allowances. Typically, the basic fare includes the carriage of one suitcase, the weight of which can vary from 20 to 23 kg, and the dimensions — within 158 cm in total (the sum of three dimensions).
- Carry-on baggage:Business Class passengers also have the option of free carry-on baggage, although size and weight restrictions may be slightly more generous than in Economy Class.
- Baggage: Business class usually provides passengers with a larger weight and baggage allowance. Here you can expect a luggage weight allowance of 30 to 32 kg and more generous size restrictions.
In addition, City Airlines may offer special fares or extended baggage allowances to certain categories of passengers, such as members of loyalty programs, traveling families or groups.
City Airlines: Airfare Deals from Munich
|Destination||Departure at||Stops||Find tickets|
|Milan||2 November 2023||Direct||Tickets from 49|
|Palma Mallorca||18 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 49|
|Barcelona||25 November 2023||Direct||Tickets from 52|
|Naples||3 November 2023||Direct||Tickets from 53|
|Hamburg||4 January 2024||Direct||Tickets from 54|
|Istanbul||11 December 2023||Direct||Tickets from 57|
|Antalya||14 November 2023||Direct||Tickets from 60|
|London||3 November 2023||Direct||Tickets from 60|
|Kerkyra||10 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 62|
|Volos||30 September 2023||Direct||Tickets from 65|
|Malaga||27 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 65|
|Valencia||3 January 2024||1 Stop||Tickets from 65|
|Alicante||26 September 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 69|
|Ankara||18 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 72|
|Athens||16 November 2023||Direct||Tickets from 73|
|Gdansk||21 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 73|
|Thessaloniki||26 September 2023||Direct||Tickets from 73|
|Madrid||1 December 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 73|
|Marseille||23 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 75|
|Rhodes||11 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 78|
|Chisinau||31 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 78|
|Sevilla||17 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 80|
|Copenhagen||9 January 2024||Direct||Tickets from 80|
|Paris||18 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 80|
|Cologne||3 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 81|
|Heraklion||22 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 82|
|Lyon||15 December 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 83|
|Prague||6 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 84|
|Izmir||2 November 2023||Direct||Tickets from 86|
|Genoa||9 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 86|
|Berlin||27 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 86|
|Lisbon||24 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 86|
|Brussels||13 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 87|
|Oslo||26 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 87|
|Tel Aviv-Yafo||26 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 87|
|Luxembourg||18 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 87|
|Kos||12 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 88|
|Helsinki||12 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 89|
|Vienna||6 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 91|
|Venice||6 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 91|
|Podgorica||3 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 92|
|Tallinn||23 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 93|
|Lappeenranta||19 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 93|
|Geneva||8 December 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 94|
|Zurich||26 January 2024||1 Stop||Tickets from 94|
|Belgrade||1 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 95|
|Paderborn||19 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 95|
|Tunis||13 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 96|
|Budapest||5 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 97|
|Hanover||14 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 98|
|Cluj||21 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 98|
|Dusseldorf||27 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 98|
|Amsterdam||18 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 99|
|Warsaw||23 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 99|
|Dortmund||4 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 99|
|Riga||26 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 101|
|Hurghada||20 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 101|
|Manchester||17 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 101|
|Debrecen||4 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 103|
|Tenerife||9 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 104|
|Dresden||16 December 2023||Direct||Tickets from 105|
|Stockholm||16 December 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 107|
|Bodrum||12 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 107|
|Lamezia-Terme||28 June 2024||Direct||Tickets from 108|
|Vilnius||13 November 2023||Direct||Tickets from 108|
|Pristina||13 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 108|
|Cagliari||16 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 111|
|Larnaca||5 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 111|
|Yerevan||24 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 111|
|Bremen||10 November 2023||Direct||Tickets from 112|
|Dublin||24 December 2023||Direct||Tickets from 113|
|Sharm el Sheikh||18 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 114|
|Tampere||25 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 115|
|Wroclaw||16 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 115|
|Reykjavik||18 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 115|
|Edinburgh||10 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 118|
|Leipzig/Halle||11 October 2023||Direct||Tickets from 118|
|Bucharest||26 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 118|
|Nevsehir||30 December 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 119|
|Dalaman||10 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 120|
|Tbilisi||14 November 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 121|
|Billund||4 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 122|
|Krakow||19 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 122|
|Catania||10 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 123|
|Bourgas||11 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 126|
|Gazipasa||11 October 2023||1 Stop||Tickets from 128|
Popular Routes of City Airlines
City Airlines offers a variety of routes that facilitate comfortable travel both within Germany and abroad. As a new and dynamic member of the Lufthansa Group, the airline is focusing on routes connecting Munich with key cities and regions in Europe, catering for both business and leisure travel.
City Airlines offers a wide range of domestic routes within Germany, giving passengers the opportunity to quickly and conveniently travel around the country. From its base in Munich, the airline provides daily flights to the following destinations:
- Berlin: Germany’s capital offers quick access to Munich, opening doors to business partners and cultural events.
- Hamburg: Germany’s Northern Pearl is accessible with convenience and comfort via City Airlines routes.
- Düsseldorf: This key business center can be reached quickly with regular flights.
City Airlines also provides options for travel outside of Germany, giving access to a variety of international routes:
- Paris, France: The legendary capital of France is getting closer thanks to City Airlines routes.
- Rome, Italy: The Magnificent Roman Empire Welcomes Travelers from Munich
- Barcelona, Spain: Sunny Barcelona opens its arms to airline passengers.
- Amsterdam, the Netherlands: The city of canals and art awaits its guests from Munich.
- Vienna, Austria: Routes to Vienna allow you to enjoy the music capital.
- Prague, Czech Republic: Romantic Prague becomes more accessible thanks to City Airlines.
All of the above routes provide City Airlines customers with the opportunity to travel around Europe comfortably and efficiently. With convenient connections to Lufthansa’s global route network in Munich, travelers can enjoy a wide range of travel options and instant connections to other countries and continents.
Meals on board City Airlines
The German air carrier City Airlines pays special attention to the quality of food on board its flights, striving to provide a high level of comfort and satisfaction to passengers.
- Snacks and Drinks: In Economy Class on City Airlines, passengers can enjoy a wide selection of snacks, including fresh fruit, cookies, and other light snacks. A selection of hot and cold drinks is also provided, including water, juices and soft drinks.
- Hot Meals: On longer flights in Economy Class, hot meals are available, prepared to suit passengers’ preferences. These meals can include pasta, rice with vegetables, meat and fish dishes, enriching the in-flight experience with more varied options.
- Fine dining: City Airlines business class passengers can enjoy high-quality on-board dining. In Business Class you can choose from gourmet menus designed by chefs to satisfy the most sophisticated tastes.
- Wide Variety: The Business Class menu includes a variety of gastronomic dishes, ranging from gourmet appetizers to main courses, including meat, fish and vegetable offerings. Menu accompaniment may include specially selected wines and drinks.
Special Requirements and Preferences:
City Airlines also pays attention to the special dietary requirements and preferences of passengers, such as dietary, vegetarian, children’s and other menus. Passengers can indicate their wishes in advance when booking their tickets to ensure their needs are met.
Service classes on City Airlines flights
- Comfort and affordability: City Airlines Economy Class provides optimal value for money, suitable for those who value savings without sacrificing comfort. Passengers can enjoy comfortable seats and a variety of entertainment programs during the flight.
- Carry-on baggage: In Economy Class, passengers are entitled to carry-on baggage to ensure they have the necessary items on hand.
- Food and drinks: Light snacks, snacks and hot meals are available on board, depending on the duration and type of flight.
- Space and Comfort: Business Class offers more spacious and comfortable seats that can turn your flight into a true luxury experience.
- Priority service: Business class passengers have priority at check-in, security and boarding.
- Restaurant service: Exclusive restaurant service provides passengers with a wide range of delicious dishes prepared from selected ingredients.
- Add-ons: Business Class may include additional amenities such as free airport lounge access.
City Airlines Fares
Basic Economy Tariffs:
- Affordable: City Airlines’ core economy fares offer a cost-effective solution for passengers who value budget options without sacrificing flight quality.
- Limited flexibility: Basic economy fares may have restrictions on changes and refunds, which may suit those who are confident in their plans.
Premium Economy Tariffs:
- Enhanced Comfort: Premium Economy fares typically include additional amenities such as more comfortable seats and increased legroom.
- Option flexibility: These fares can provide greater flexibility for changes and refunds, which is especially important for travelers with flexible plans.
- Exclusive service: City Airlines business fares provide passengers with luxury and superior service, from comfortable seats to restaurant-style dining.
- Priority Benefits: Business fare passengers may enjoy check-in, boarding and security benefits.
Advantages of choosing a tariff:
- Flexibility: A variety of fares allows passengers to choose options that suit their needs, budget and plan flexibility.
- Additional services: Some fares may include additional amenities such as free access to airport lounges, baggage handling and others.
- Advanced features: Higher fare classes provide access to premium services, increased comfort and level of service.
City Airlines: Airfare Discounts to Munich
|Origin||Departure at||Distance||Stops||Find tickets|
|Milan||11 December 2023||382 km||Direct||Tickets from 21|
|Malaga||16 December 2023||1854 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 37|
|Palma Mallorca||19 October 2023||1216 km||Direct||Tickets from 38|
|London||22 March 2024||912 km||Direct||Tickets from 38|
|Barcelona||29 January 2024||1094 km||Direct||Tickets from 41|
|Oslo||9 October 2023||1317 km||Direct||Tickets from 42|
|Vilnius||24 October 2023||1163 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 43|
|Manchester||2 October 2023||1130 km||Direct||Tickets from 46|
|Naples||11 October 2023||853 km||Direct||Tickets from 47|
|Madrid||30 October 2023||1498 km||Direct||Tickets from 47|
|Cologne||27 May 2024||437 km||Direct||Tickets from 48|
|Antalya||21 March 2024||2000 km||Direct||Tickets from 49|
|Alicante||25 September 2023||1496 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 53|
|Dublin||25 October 2023||1380 km||Direct||Tickets from 54|
|Ibiza||20 November 2023||1344 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 54|
|Istanbul||26 December 2023||1609 km||Direct||Tickets from 54|
|Frankfurt||29 October 2023||373 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 55|
|Stockholm||8 October 2023||1317 km||Direct||Tickets from 56|
|Valencia||26 October 2023||1387 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 56|
|Bilbao||17 October 2023||1266 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 56|
|Paris||12 November 2023||717 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 56|
|Bologna||26 September 2023||426 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 58|
|Hamburg||30 November 2023||599 km||Direct||Tickets from 60|
|Warsaw||25 October 2023||777 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 61|
|Belgrade||25 October 2023||759 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 62|
|Athens||22 May 2024||1517 km||Direct||Tickets from 62|
|Cagliari||5 November 2023||1034 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 63|
|Kos||26 September 2023||1788 km||Direct||Tickets from 63|
|Lisbon||4 March 2024||1984 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 63|
|Prague||23 December 2023||265 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 65|
|Copenhagen||17 October 2023||811 km||Direct||Tickets from 66|
|Berlin||29 November 2023||462 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 67|
|Budapest||26 November 2023||566 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 67|
|Tel Aviv-Yafo||4 February 2024||2654 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 68|
|Helsinki||19 October 2023||1574 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 68|
|Tampere||25 October 2023||1632 km||Direct||Tickets from 70|
|Pescara||19 November 2023||683 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 70|
|Tallinn||18 October 2023||1490 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 70|
|Podgorica||9 December 2023||883 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 72|
|Marrakech||10 November 2023||2498 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 73|
|Gdansk||12 October 2023||814 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 74|
|Marseille||25 September 2023||745 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 75|
|Brussels||13 November 2023||597 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 76|
|Nice||23 November 2023||630 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 76|
|Geneva||15 December 2023||489 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 77|
|Faro||13 October 2023||2038 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 78|
|Brindisi||27 October 2023||984 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 78|
|Yerevan||8 November 2023||2727 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 81|
|Tenerife||28 October 2023||3265 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 82|
|Luxembourg||9 December 2023||431 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 84|
|Palermo||26 November 2023||1135 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 85|
|Catania||27 October 2023||1238 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 85|
|Tunis||13 October 2023||1285 km||Direct||Tickets from 87|
|Asturias||26 September 2023||1472 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 88|
|Porto||29 October 2023||1790 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 89|
|Dusseldorf||2 October 2023||485 km||Direct||Tickets from 89|
|Dresden||6 November 2023||339 km||Direct||Tickets from 91|
|Florence||14 December 2023||508 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 92|
|Karlsruhe/Baden Baden||4 October 2023||276 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 92|
|Tirana||11 March 2024||990 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 93|
|Pula||25 October 2023||417 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 93|
|Chisinau||13 October 2023||1291 km||Direct||Tickets from 94|
|Ankara||18 December 2023||1912 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 94|
|Strasbourg||4 October 2023||307 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 95|
|Zurich||22 November 2023||260 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 96|
|Amsterdam||30 November 2023||664 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 98|
|Varna||27 November 2023||1363 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 99|
|Thessaloniki||30 November 2023||1241 km||Direct||Tickets from 99|
|Larnaca||4 December 2023||2338 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 100|
|Birmingham||10 October 2023||1059 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 100|
|Reykjavik||5 December 2023||2693 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 101|
|Salzburg||10 November 2023||109 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 101|
|Hurghada||29 October 2023||3023 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 102|
|Turku||12 March 2024||1508 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 102|
|Kutaisi||25 October 2023||2491 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 107|
|Leipzig/Halle||3 December 2023||342 km||Direct||Tickets from 108|
|Dalaman||28 September 2023||1892 km||Direct||Tickets from 109|
|Iasi||20 October 2023||1187 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 110|
|Abu Dhabi||21 October 2023||4579 km||1 Stop||Tickets from 111|
Rules of transporting children on City Airlines flights
City Airlines has special rules and conditions for transporting children on its flights.
- Age restrictions: City Airlines provides an unaccompanied minor service for children aged 5 to 11 years who are without parents or guardians.
- Application and Reservation: Parents or guardians are required to register the «unaccompanied minor» service when booking their ticket. This allows the airline to prepare for safe and comfortable transportation.
- Assistance at the airport: Unaccompanied children are provided with accompanying City Airlines staff who help them through all stages — from check-in to boarding.
- Special areas on the plane: Unaccompanied children are usually accommodated in special areas inside the aircraft, ensuring their comfort and proximity to airline staff.
Children accompanied by:
- Tickets and Documents: Accompanied children must bring their own tickets and documents, such as a passport or identification documents, depending on the requirements of the destination country.
- Safety and Seating: Children must be seated in designated seats in accordance with airline safety guidelines. Passenger staff ensures their safety and comfort during the flight.
- Family Areas: Some City Airlines flights may provide dedicated family areas where parents and children can sit together.
- Additional services: For younger children or children with special needs, City Airlines may provide additional services such as children’s menus and amenities.
Rules for transporting pets on City Airlines flights
City Airlines allows pets on its flights, subject to special rules and conditions to ensure the safety and comfort of both passengers and their furry companions.
Types of pets:
- Dogs and cats: City Airlines allows dogs and cats on its flights. These pets are considered the most common and frequently transported passenger companions.
- Other animals: In some cases, City Airlines may allow the carriage of other types of animals, such as birds or small rodents, subject to special rules and restrictions.
Conditions of transportation:
- Reservations: Passengers are required to make advance reservations for their pets on their flight. The number of places is limited, so it is recommended to reserve them in advance.
- Weight and Size: Dogs and cats have weight and size limits to ensure the animal can be safely placed in a container.
- Containers: Pets must be transported in special containers that ensure the safety and comfort of the animal during the flight.
- Health and Documentation: Passengers must provide documentation of the animal’s health, including vaccinations and health certificates, complying with the requirements of the destination country.
- Border Controls: The transport of pets may be subject to additional border controls and passengers should be prepared to provide the necessary documentation.
- Soundproofing: To ensure comfort for all passengers, animal containers must be adequately soundproofed.
History of City Airlines
City Airlines GmbH is a German airline, a participant in the air industry, its center of activity is located in the city of Munich, and its base airport is Munich Airport. The carrier, which began its journey as a subsidiary of the larger Lufthansa Group, plays a key role in regional and ancillary services to Munich under the Lufthansa brand.
Foundation and evolution
City Airlines got its start in the planning stages that arose within Lufthansa, with the goal of creating a completely new regional carrier. However, the ambitious project, known as Cityline 2, has faced challenges including criticism from trade unions and has been delayed indefinitely.
The formal foundations for the creation of the airline were laid in 2022. The beginning of June 2023 brought with it an important moment: City Airlines receiving an Air Operator Certificate (AOC) from the Federal Aviation Administration. At the same time, City Airlines received its first aircraft from Lufthansa CityLine — Airbus A319-100.
Fleet and technical training
In August 2023, the City Airlines GmbH fleet consisted of a single aircraft — an Airbus A319-100, whose age reached 25.1 years. This aircraft, taken over by City Airlines from Lufthansa CityLine (registered D-AILX), has become an important component of the airline’s strategic infrastructure.
Workers and public opinion
The creation of City Airlines did not go unnoticed among employees and the public. Despite its positive aspects, it also caused mixed reactions. According to staff representatives, the creation of the new airline has affected working conditions, and, according to some, not for the better. A statement by a Lufthansa board member about the possibility of hiring English-speaking pilots has sparked intense debate and criticism.
Future and prospects
City Airlines’ plans for the future are ambitious: it strives to become a full-fledged participant in the air industry, offering quality transportation. It is expected that by the end of summer 2023 the company will be able to carry out full-fledged flights. Thus, City Airlines continues its history, pursuing the goals of improving and expanding its influence in the aviation sector.