If your flight, which departs from Brussels Airport (Belgium), was delayed by more than 3 hours or canceled, then you are entitled to compensation of up to €600.
Compensation for a flight delay at Brussels Airport (BRU)
Based on EU regulation 261/2004, if your flight was delayed, regardless of the cost of the air ticket, then you are entitled to compensation from €250 to €600.
The amount of compensation for a flight delay at Brussels Airport depends on the distance of the flight and the duration of the delay (see table below).
You can only receive compensation if:
- Your flight was delayed by 3 hours or more;
- Your flight was canceled;
- Your flight was delayed by less than 3 hours, but the delay caused you to miss your next connecting flight and arrive at your final destination more than 3 hours late;
- You were denied boarding due to overbooking, i.e. due to lack of vacancies;
- The delay or cancellation of the flight was not caused by bad weather, an airline and airport strike, or other force majeure;
- No more than 6 years have passed since the voyage
Also, the route and the airline must comply with the requirements of EU Regulation No. 261/2004.
|Route or airline||Airline from the European Union||Non-EU airline|
|Non-EU to non-EU||No||No|
|Non-EU to EU||Yes||No|
|From EU to non-EU||Yes||Yes|
|From EU to EU||Yes||Yes|
|Route or airline||Airline from Turkey||Airline not from Turkey|
|Not from Turkey not to Turkey||No||No|
|From outside Turkey to Turkey||Yes||No|
|From Turkey to outside Turkey||Yes||Yes|
|From Turkey to Turkey||Yes||Yes|
The amount of compensation for a flight delay at Brussels Airport, Belgium
|Reason||Distance||Less than 2 hours||More than 2 hours||More than 3 hours||More than 4 hours|
|Denied Boarding||1500 km or less||€125||€250||€250||€250|
|Denied Boarding||All flights within the EU over 1500 km and all flights between 1500 and 3500 km||€200||€400||€400||€400|
|Denied Boarding||All flights with one of the non-EU destinations over 3500 km||€300||€600||€600||€600|
|Flight Delay||1500 km or less||€0||€0||€250||€250|
|Flight Delay||All flights within the EU over 1500 km and all flights between 1500 and 3500 km||€0||€0||€400||€400|
|Flight Delay||All flights with one of the non-EU destinations over 3500 km||€0||€0||€300||€600|
|Flight Cancellation||1500 km or less||€125||€250||€250||€250|
|Flight Cancellation||All flights within the EU over 1500 km and all flights between 1500 and 3500 km||€200||€200||€400||€400|
|Flight Cancellation||All flights with one non-EU destination over 3500 km||€300||€300||€300||€600|
- soft drinks;
- accommodation (if the flight was rescheduled the next day);
- transfer to the place of residence;
- two phone calls.
This is all that passengers are supposed to do when their flight is delayed from Brussels Airport, Belgium.
Apply for compensation now!
Information about Brussels Airport
|Airport name||Brussels Airport|