How to book cheap train tickets on the Abellio Greater Anglia website
To find and book cheap railway tickets on the official website Abellio Greater Anglia, just fill out the search form and indicate:
Abellio Greater Anglia train company contacts
|Date of foundation||5 February 2012|
|Previous company names||Greater Anglia|
|Main services||Intercity train services in England (United Kingdom)|
|Parent company||Transport UK Group (60%)
Mitsui & Co (40%)
|Address||18-20 St Andrew’s Street, London EC4A 3AG, UK|
|Phones||0345 600 7245 (option 3)|
|Email:||[email protected], [email protected]|
|Abellio Greater Anglia official website in English:||greateranglia.co.uk|
Abellio Greater Anglia Routes and Timetable
|Route||Price (€)||Average Duration||Frequency|
|Stansted Mountfitchet to London||€18||0h44||4 trains per day|
|London Liverpool Street to Stansted Airport||€15||0h50||5 trains per day|
|London to Stansted Mountfitchet||€18||0h38||3 trains per day|
|London to London Stansted Airport||€15||0h47||5 trains per day|
|London Stansted Airport to Liverpool Street||€17||0h53||4 trains per day|
|London Liverpool Street to Stansted Airport||€15||0h51||6 trains per day|
|Cambridge to London||€5||1h30||115 trains per day|
|London to Norwich||€15||1h48||26 trains per day|
|Norwich to London||€20||1h46||28 trains per day|
|London to Cambridge||€5||1h13||99 trains per day|
Abellio Greater Anglia Ticket Types
- Standard Ticket
- A regular fare ticket for standard seating on train journeys without any additional amenities.
- Ideal for passengers seeking a basic and cost-effective travel option.
- Comfort Ticket
- A ticket that offers an upgraded experience with more comfortable seating and additional amenities.
- Suitable for those who prioritize comfort during their train journeys.
- Premium Ticket
- A ticket that provides a premium experience with access to first-class seating, extra services, and amenities.
- Offers a luxurious travel experience for passengers who want the best onboard services.
- Youth Ticket
- A ticket available for passengers within a certain age range, often offering discounted rates for young travelers.
- Designed to make train travel more affordable for students and young adults.
- Senior Ticket
- A ticket offering discounted rates for passengers over a certain age, typically senior citizens.
- Provides cost-effective options for senior travelers exploring the region.
- Flex Ticket
- A ticket that allows for changes to travel dates and times, providing flexibility in your plans.
- Ideal for passengers with uncertain schedules or those who may need to modify their travel arrangements.
- Non-Flex Ticket
- A ticket with fixed travel dates and times, which generally cannot be modified or refunded.
- Suited for travelers with firm travel plans and a need for a fixed schedule.
- Single Journey Ticket
- A ticket for a one-way trip from one specific destination to another.
- Perfect for passengers who only require transportation in one direction.
- Return Ticket
- A ticket for a round-trip journey, allowing you to travel to your destination and return to your original departure point.
- Convenient for those planning a round-trip excursion without the need to purchase separate tickets.
- Group Ticket
- A ticket for groups of travelers, providing discounted rates for traveling together.
- Economical for families, friends, or tour groups traveling collectively.
History of the Abellio Greater Anglia train company
Abellio Greater Anglia, officially known as Abellio East Anglia Limited, is a prominent train operating company with a rich history of serving the East of England.
1. Inception and Early Years
- Abellio Greater Anglia commenced operations in February 2012, initially under the name Greater Anglia franchise.
- The company’s services primarily connected Central London, specifically London Liverpool Street, to various destinations in Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Hertfordshire, and Cambridgeshire.
- From the outset, the company aimed to provide essential commuter and intercity services, catering to the diverse needs of passengers in the East of England.
2. Rebranding to Abellio Greater Anglia
- In December 2013, the company underwent a rebranding process and adopted the name Abellio Greater Anglia, signifying its affiliation with Abellio, a transport provider with a global presence.
- This rebranding marked a commitment to further enhancing the quality of service and customer experience.
3. Service Improvements and Initiatives
- Abellio Greater Anglia wasted no time in initiating various projects to improve service levels.
- The ‘Norwich in 90’ program, launched shortly after taking over operations, aimed to reduce travel times between major locations on its network, enhancing efficiency for passengers.
- The company also focused on modernizing its fleet and improving infrastructure to provide a better travel experience.
4. Transfer of Metro Services
- In May 2015, Greater Anglia’s stopping metro services were transferred to London Overground and TfL Rail, marking a shift in the company’s service offerings.
5. Transition to the East Anglia Franchise
- The franchise underwent a transition and was re-tendered as the East Anglia franchise in August 2016.
- Abellio was once again awarded the franchise, and the company resumed trading as Greater Anglia on 16 October 2016.
- In January 2017, Abellio announced a significant development — the sale of a 40% stake in the business to Mitsui, pending Department for Transport approval.
6. Incorporation of Japanese Practices
- Following the completion of the sale in March 2017, Greater Anglia incorporated several Japanese planning tools and practices.
- These changes were not without controversy, leading to industrial action in 2017 and 2018 as a result of disputes with trade unions.
7. Response to COVID-19 and Contract Change
- In 2021, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Greater Anglia was given a direct award contract, replacing its existing franchise agreement. This contract was set to expire on 20 September 2026.
8. Management Buyout by Transport UK Group
- In February 2023, Transport UK Group concluded a management buyout of Abellio’s United Kingdom business, which included its share in Greater Anglia.
- This development marked a significant shift in the company’s ownership structure.